With a background in engineering, product design and business studies, I’ve been in the internet & tech industry since mid 2000s.
I’ve done account management, business development, digital strategy and product development work at multiple marketing agencies including Project House (Havas Worldwide) and 4129Grey (Grey Global), for both local and international clients such as Nike, Netflix, Danone, P&G, Coca Cola, Microsoft, Vodafone and many more. I’ve had the opportunity to lead teams of cross- functional people.
Over the last couple of years I’ve spent most of my time helping the growth process of early stage startups, joining their team or collaborating on a freelance format.
We executed a global user growth strategy, based on AARRR model user acquisition & retention, tracking CAC, churn, engagement and conversion metrics, achieving 30% monthly pageview, 20% monthly engagement increase over 8 months.
Later on I collaborated with Interesting Engineering as the Head of Sales & Marketing; a publishing business (startup) designed for engineering, technology and science enthusiasts, with over 10 million social media followers across its channels, generating over 100 million video views each month.
Through brand campaigns, partnerships and optimising MRR (monthly recurring revenue) stream, we achieved 60% MRR increase over 12 months.
I’m also a mentor at Google Launchpad & Garaj community where we connect startups, students and talents to each other in a free, knowledge sharing based environment. We held workshops, events and #AMAs in various locations in Istanbul.
I also support a non-profit organisation, inzva; a community focused on Algorithm and Artificial Intelligence, where students join a series of events ranging from year-long study groups to short-term camps.
You may find out more about these projects under the Works section of this website. Please do have a look and let me know if you have any feedback.
To summarise, my expertise lays on areas:
- Data driven, commercial approach to marketing to acquire, engage, and retain users: Channel strategy, scorecard creation tracking KPIs, monitoring & optimising analytics (Web & Mobile)
- B2B & B2C performance focused PPC campaign management
- Lead / sales funnel creation with cohort-based analysis, CAC and CLV
- SEO driven content creation and optimising through user behavior
- Brand communication strategy
- SEM, Social Media, Display, Partnership, Affiliate-Product Development / Product Ownership
I have intermediate/advanced level experience on these tools & programs:
- Google Marketing Platform: Analytics, Data Studio, Optimize, Tag Manager, Display & Search 360
- Adobe Marketing Cloud: Marketo, Analytics, Experience Manager, Target
- Mobile Analytics: Fabric, Mixpanel, Firebase, AppAnnie
- Marketing Automation & Analytics: HubSpot, Zapier, MailChimp, Hotjar, Optimizely, Yandex Metrica
- Project Management: Asana, Jira, Trello
- Social Media Marketing: Facebook (Business Manager), Twitter Ads, LinkedIn Ads
If you enjoy what you have read so far, perhaps we can connect and exchange thoughts on what we can do together.